Sunday, April 13, 2014

Final Project

I've decided I would like to do further study on a local business for my final project. I have heard and shopped at the Riverwest Co Op before, but never did I think twice of what actually goes on behind the scenes there. The fact that its right next door to me in my community really intrigues me and I want to learn how it facilitates and what sort of people are behind the scenes making it all happen. Knowing a friend that works there is a pretty big help too to gain information about it.

I want to make a mini-documentary about the Riverwest Co Op. I have this camera and I've been meaning to shoot something for a while and I figured this would be a great opportunity. I would like to include maybe two interviews in it, but the style I am going for is very relaxed. I don't want to make something super formal. The Co Op has a relaxed feeling that welcomes the community through its doors. I hope to gain information on how the Co Op thrives and what type of connections the owner-workers have to other businesses to get their products. This mini-doc will be fruitful with shots of every day happenings at the Co Op, but true focus will be on community and hopefully some main members will be able to speak to me so I can see how they profit from being a part of such a democratically run business.

So, the main purpose: how does a Co op work? Whose a part of this Riverwest Co op? Who makes things happen there? Are there any rules? Are there any obligations? How do you become a member? How could I start my own Co op?

: )

No comments:

Post a Comment