Thursday, February 20, 2014

POETRY POST

Writing for me is my sacred outlet when I need to discover more about myself and push myself to somehow organize my thoughts. I feel like I've taken this class right at the exact moment when I needed it because I feel really strongly about certain topics that we have been discussing. The conversations we have in class are sometimes the conversations I wish I were having with the people around me. There is too much passivity in my life, and just talking about the issues creates awareness in my mind. I struggle to find ways of becoming an active person who wants to be a part of something bigger than just myself-my life-alone. I guess writing has always been a way for me to express this longing I have.

This has nothing to do with the Week 5 post we are supposed to do, but since we talked about poetry and have viewed poems in class I thought I'd share a video I created. I made this about three weeks ago after a day of exhaustion-- mental exhaustion to be specific. I felt a fire within me and I needed to express it. I received good feedback from this video among friends, but I hope to continue writing and making more videos.

Video is untitled.

No comments:

Post a Comment